Saturday 16 January 2016

Plastic Contemptor Dreadnought Conversion

Hey there,

I just wanted to share this with you guys. It's my plastic contemptor dreadnought conversion for my Vlka Fenryka.

I have one contemptor in my army already but have always had a hankering to do one with a siege drill. I don't know why, they just look pretty brutal and that's what the Wolves of Fenris are all about I guess. So how did this conversion finally come about?

Well I recently brought the Betrayal at Calth box set. I wasn't that bothered about the dreadnought to be honest. As I say, I already had one in my army and like everyone else on the internet, I thought it looked a bit static. I wasn't in love with it. But then the guys over at Battle Bunnies posted up a conversion walk-through and I thought, you're right, it's plastic, it'd be simple to convert. And as I already had one... Then FW released the leviathan Siege Drill, and I just thought what have I got to loose!

Firstly I stuck the main body together. Then I cut it at the waist and took the left leg off, gluing them back on in a slightly more dynamic pose. Battle Bunnies took the head off too but at the time I was doing this I didn't have a lot of time, so I left it.

I then stuck the fist arm together before cutting the fist off at the shoulder.

Then I glued my leviathan arm together and then stuck that on. The power cable housing fits quite nicely too. To get it snug I filed the ornamental trim around the bottom of the shoulder down flat. A bit of green-stuff to fill gaps, some wolfy totems, and you're done!

 
I'm really pleased with it. The pose looks ok, and that siege drill is mahoosive! I went with the multi-melta rather than the assault cannon because I figured with the siege drill he's going to be going after tanks rather than infantry. My other contemptor has a heavy bolter so he can deal with the traitors on foot.
 

Let me know what you think, or even better, share your own conversions with us!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment