Wednesday 23 November 2016

Warhammer 40k FAQ

For any of you that didn't notice, Games Workshop released a Warhammer 40k FAQ last night, and man has it caused a bit of a stir on the web... well, a little bit of one.

The biggest talking point that I have seen is the clarification of the grenade rule. I say clarification, they haven't actually changed anything, just brought the actual rule to people's attention:

Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.
 Personally, I'm a fluffy player who has little knowledge of the rules, so in our last game, when Dad Rich equipped an entire unit with melta-bombs and then proceeded to lob 8 at my Spartan every turn, neither of us thought anything of it. He'd paid the points, so fair is fair. But for any other tank I

imagine this combination would be a right nightmare, so I'm glad GW have simply pointed out that the rules already say you can't do that.

I can also see why some people who frequently run this set up might be miffed. Personally I've never been willing to drop 50pts on grenades in the hope that a squad might be able to use them. My squads rarely get that close to the enemy!

Everything else in there really seems like common sense to me, and pretty much reinforces the way I and the other Dads tend to play games.


However, there were two stand out questions for me:

Q: Can a Fortification Scout?
A: No.

Q: Can I have an Unbound army comprising nothing but buildings?
A: No.

Who asked these? and have they actually tried it? What do you do, wait until the enemy blows themselves up with plasma weapons?! I imagine it would be like the 40k equivalent of Ents going to war!!!

What's your opinions?

Dave
fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment